Monday, September 17, 2012

Brilliant trip to the library

Today my wife and I travelled to the library to pick up a book I had on hold, as well as peruse the shelves for something else enticing. I picked up the book on hold, First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde, and then sought other goodies. We found several:

Started Early, Took My Dog by Kate Atkinson - my wife has read one of hers already, One Good Turn, and enjoyed it, so she's looking forward to this one. I am starting to get into the genre recently, so I might give this one a turn as well, or I might read

Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley - everyone who reads this is infatuated with this book, and I can see why:
"In his wickedly brilliant first novel, Debut Dagger Award winner Alan Bradley introduces one of the most singular and engaging heroines in recent fiction: eleven-year-old Flavia de Luce, an aspiring chemist with a passion for poison." (from Goodreads)
We also picked up two books by Daniel Quinn, Ishmael and My Ishmael, which come highly recommended.

Overall, an impressive list of tbr titles. Of course, Fforde comes first, and I'm already 30 pages in to First Among Sequels, which takes place 14 years after Something Rotten. It is already as engaging, witty and exciting as the previous four. Great days ahead!

No comments: