Tuesday, December 09, 2008

January's Pick: Reading Lolita in Tehran

I was going to set up a poll to vote on potential club picks, but as there's only one, we'll skip that part. The next book club selection is Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi. It has inspired many people but also caused controversy, as any English-language book coming out of the Middle East is destined to. Despite the controversy and the politics, it appears to be a well-written memoir of one woman's experience. And it's about books, so, that's good.
The next book will be chosen for the end of January; keep those eyes and ears open for ideas.

2 comments:

Hutton said...

Alright, I'm still one book behind. I feel like I'm in English 110 all over again. So.... I'm going to skip to this one and pick it up this holiday season. Merry Christmas clubbers.

Garry said...

No worries Dave - there's no midterm.